Welcome to The Grass Roots Foundation
At Grass Roots Foundation our efforts are aimed at supporting high school and post-graduate student-athletes in academics, athletics, and personal development for a smooth transition into collegiate academics and sports. We are visionaries with a clear vision. We envision successful student-athletes with a repertoire of critical thinking skills, leadership skills, and explosive power development that can be applied to everyday life situations and environments.
Our approach is a team approach. As a team, we strive to meet the diverse needs of student-athletes and successfully transition them into collegiate sports. Our team provides dynamic synergy and a solid support system for the student-athlete to obtain educational, athletic, socio-emotional and career development support. Our partner school’s challenging curriculum and learning environment equips students with developing critical thinking skills, a cooperative attitude, and model healthy lifestyles that can be used on and off the basketball court. Our partners provide functional strength training and skill development with highly accomplished coaches that enhances the student-athlete’s performance in the sport. As we work together, students learn to balance the multiple responsibilities of being a student, an athlete, and a leader.
The Rodney Elliott Basketball and Activities Camp
Former University of Maryland Basketball Star
The Grass Roots Foundation Presents in conjunction with former University of Maryland Basketball Star Rodney Elliott will host a Basketball Skills Camp. The Camp will focus on developing basketball skills and fundamentals but will also emphasize life skills through basketball such as teamwork, good sportsmanship, athletic development and training, and academic development.
July 10-July 14, July 24-July28, July 31-August 4, August 7 –August 11
- Staff is comprised of accomplished area coaches as well as former players that have played college and professionally domestic and overseas
- Guest Coaches and players will attend to instruct your camper on basketball skills as well as life skills.
- Each Camper receives Free Camp T-Shirt
- Beverages and lights snacks will be provided.
- Each Camper will receive a goodie bag at the conclusion of the camp
- There will be an athletic trainer in attendance to take care of campers as needed.
- Each instructional staff member will go through a background check
- There will be an option for before and after care
- Enrollment is limited! Your son/daughter will have great experience that they will never forget.